Greetings! Welcome to my little corner of the world and my random blog where I post about random subjects. Today, I am writing my infamous bucket list.
Now not everyone believes in doing such a thing. Silly some say. But I do believe in dreams. I do believe in reaching out for the almost impossible. I do believe in my “passion plan”, and I do believe in reaching just beyond what is realistic. It is quite amazing what you can do, where you can go, and what you can accomplish if you j just let your mind go and consider the possibilities.
We all have heard of that infamous quote “Reach for the moon…….if you miss you will land amongst the stars”. I believe this to be true. I aim high. I work towards it. But even if I fall short? I am way ahead of where I would be without the lofty goal to begin with.
Hence……a bucket list. A list of dreams. I list of possibilities. I realize accomplishing the list could be impossible. But I can tell you this……I will hit most of them!!
My Bucket list (no specific order…..and as you will see……the majority of it is travel destinations and experiences. These are the “things” that enrich life, broaden our world view, and make us better people. This I believe. Will keep it to twenty.
1. LIVE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR 3-6 MONTHS – I have been fortunate enough to have been able to travel quite a bit, but it will never be enough (as you will see in the upcoming list) I would like to be able to stay long enough to immerse myself in the culture, really get used to the food, and make a few friends that will stick. Would be great material for a book, yes?
2. TAKE A THREE MONTH TREK ACROSS EUROPE – I have wanted to do this my entire life. Trains, buses, trams, and a different city every few days or week. I have though about this, written about this, bought books about this. And one day…..I will do this. I have a bullet journal that I add to whenever I learn something new about doing this adventure…..solo……backpack only.
3. VOLUNTEER IN AN ELEPHANT SANCTUARY IN THAILAND – does this really need an explanation? I think not!
4. BE A PUBLISHED AUTHOR – If I could have my dream life, it would be to live in a cottage or villa by the water and be able to write books all day. I have written for years, and will be published someday.
5. STAND BEFORE THE ACROPOLIS IN ATHENS, GREECE – Wow. I know this is on this bucket list, but it has been on a bucket list of mine long term, so I don’t feel like I’m cheating, but? I’M GOING IN DECEMBER!! CRIKEY!!!
6. CONQUER THE WALK ACROSS ENGLAND TO ROBIN HOOD’S BAY – I have wanted to do this for years. It’s about 125 miles or so? In 11-13 days. I would live to just walk that whole trek with a group doing the same thing and photograph the entire journey. More book material?
7. GO ON AN AFRICAN SAFARI WITH MY CAMERA – This certainly is a lofty goal due to the basic issue of money. I just simply have to see some of those magnificent animals before they are gone forever.
8. SEE THE AMAZON IN ECUADOR AND PERU BEFORE ITS GONE – There are group excursions that do this, where you experience the Amazon, in canoes down rivers, eat with indigenous tribes, explore jungles and learn about the medicines created there. MUST DO THIS.
9. RIDE A CAMEL IN THE SAHARA DESERT – Morocco has been on my list of must-go’s for quite a while and I’m not even sure why. It just looks fascinating, so colorful and totally different than anything I have ever experienced. This is top three on my must see list, and I may even be able to pull this off next year? Time will tell.
10. OWN MY TINY HOUSE ON MY OWN LAND – I live pretty minimally and don’t need a big space. I like small, compact, low maintenance, I have researched tiny homes for years. I would like to live mostly off grid, in a peaceful place, in Northern Arizona
11. STAND IN FRONT OF THE STATUE OF DAVID IN FLORENCE – One of the most spectacular pieces of art in the world. It is said that every angle gives a different view that it is so perfect. Just have to see this.
12. SPEND AN ENTIRE WEEK IN LONDON TO EXPLORE – This has always been something I have wanted to do. I would want to go in the Fall just when it is starting to get chilly!
13. OWN A GREENHOUSE – Grow some of my own food? Oh yes please! The picture in my mind is my tiny house, about 400sqft, to the left of it is a small working structure, just for writing, my photography, etc. My workspace apart from my living space. And a greenhouse, with yummy things I can grow and eat. My dream.
14. READ 52 BOOKS IN A CALENDAR YEAR – One of these years I will do this….the closest I have gotten so far has been 32.
15. HAVE A PICNIC WITH THE EIFEL TOWER IN VIEW – A sandwich, or baguette, a drink, on a blankety of some kind, looking at that magnificent structure. Oh yes!
16. VISIT AUSCHWEITZ – This is a somber subject for a Bucket List but I simply have to go. I have read hundreds of books on this time in our world history, and I truly believe that if we don’t learn from our history, it is bound to repeat itself. I have always been drawn to these things, as I am classified as an “extreme empath”, so the trail of tears and the Native Americans, the cemeteries, the slave quarters on Southern plantations. This is something I must do.
17. SPEND A MONTH IN THE CITY OF PRAGUE – I fell in love with this city when I visited there last year. My sister and I sat on hotel beds late at night and talked about coming back but staying for a month. Definitely will do this.
18. CUTTING DOWN TO WORKING ONLY PART TIME – This is a must. If I can work hard for a few more years and cut down my career hours, then this list will be much more doable!!
19. DUBLIN PUB CRAWL – I have always wanted to visit Ireland, and for all the times I have been back to England I have never been. This simply MUST chang!
20. Ok, so there’s no way can keep it to 20, so this one will be one long sentence – Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, See the Canadian side of Niagra Falls, Visit Macchu Piccu in Peru, See the hand bridge in Viet Nam, Touch the Berlin Wall, See the Cherry Blossoms in Japan, See tulips in Amsterdam and the windmills, Stand on the mountains in Austria, Visit Russia, Listen to the Sea Organ in Zadar, Croatia, See an Opera in Vienna, Take a Thermal Bath in Budapest, Visit Bruges, Lake Bled, Slovenia, Carriage ride in Krakow, All day in art museums in Paris, Quebec City Canada, See a live Broadway show in NYC, Ride the red Tain through the Alps, Own a dog, Sit on a beach all day and read in the Mediterranean.
What’s on your bucket list?
Don’t forget to dream!
Until next time………be kind………..always,